The book came bundled automatically with the Japanese NDS games but was only available by special pre-order for the English PS3 release. It was necessary for playing the NDS game, but the same book is built into the PS3 game.
Contents and Author
The Wizards Companion/Magic Master contains 7 chapters, listed below. While the English version includes spell #52, Mornstar, the Japanese version does not. The English version uses incorrect "old English". There are supposedly two more spells hidden in the game data that weren't written in the book.
SPOILER ALERTThe Wizards Companion/Magic Master was first written by Horace (ミラント Miranto) as a guide for Cassiopeia to study magic with. He added spells such as Ashes of Resurrection (ふっかつのはい / 復活の灰 Ashes' revival) to make it fit for royalty, which ultimately lead to the queen's belief that this spell would help everyone (instead, it turned them into zombies).
- Chapter 1: Magic - A list of runes/spells
- Chapter 2: Alchemy - A list of weapons
- Chapter 3: Equipment - A list of armour
- Chapter 4: Provisions - A list of monster drops and food
- Chapter 5: Creatures and Familiars
- Chapter 6: The Twelve Tales of Wonder - A story with illustrations
- Chapter 7: Regions of the World - with illustrations
- The Japanese Nazcaän Script (アストラム語 Asutoramu/Astram language) is much more expanded compared to the English.
- The layout is slightly different for the Japanese version versus the English. For example, multiple runes/spells are on a single page in Japanese.